console to jumpseat swap. and pics of sub enclosure.

paulkeith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sooo.... I wanted to change out my armrests and center console for a jumpseat, and i did. I bought the jumpseat off of ebay. He called it an "'06 take out" that had never been used, but its a little old for that. it has a tiny signs of use, but nothing major.

Old and busted:
IMG_1963.jpg

New hotness:
IMG_1962.jpg

A little step by step action: remove the 5 torx bolts holding both seats down. My driver's seat had two plugs underneath, and the passenger only one. Remove both seats.

Then i removed the armrests by pulling the cover back and removing the torx bolt holding them in...

IMG_1965.jpg

This leaves ~ 3/4" metal stud sticking out of the seat that was the up and down stop for the armrest. I hacksawed these off. As an aside....if your hacksaw blade is dull, this part sucks biggidyballs.

IMG_1966.jpg

This leaves little ghetto holes in the insides of your driver and passenger seat

IMG_1964.jpg

but...that's ok, because the new seat covers them up. I initially though the jumpseat bolted into all the existing seat mounts. I found out that this is true only for the front mounts. the rears weren't lining up at all, and i got worried thinking the 06 brackets were different from the 02 holes, etc...when i realized there were holes in my floorpan just covered up with sticktape and under the carpet.

IMG_1961.jpg

I didn't have any more bolts, so I need to pick up some grade 8 hardware and get the back brackets bolted down.
IMG_1969.jpg

other than that....i'm a fan. i like it so much better already. first of all you dont have to dig all the way down to the floor of the truck to fish stuff out of the console, but what I like the most is that the armrest is much wider and higher. just what I wanted. You get the added benefit of a center seat, but if you've got the handshaker like I do....the only person in that center seat better be your lady, otherwise you're in for some awkward moments.

IMG_1970.jpg

paulkeith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_1967.jpg

i also snapped a few pics of my sub enclosure that I had before, just for anyone who is interested. It holds a 10" elemental designs 11ov.2 sub. There is a 900.4 autotek behind the rear seat up against the cab wall. I left my sliding glass open in a downpour last night, and you can see where the MDF legs soaked up water. I found water on top of the box and dried that off immediately, but forgot that the legs were sitting in the carpet which was also soaked....

The top/back of the jumpseat can't fold all the way up right now because of an interference with the top of the box, but i have to cut the damaged MDF off anyway, so its ok.

IMG_1971.jpg

IMG_1972.jpg

i also need to cover it.

anyway, enjoy. any questions, ask em.

later
Paul

edit: mods, can we get rid of this 10 pic per post limit for linked pictures??

reedit: and the 60 second limit? sigh.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
and here i sit getting ready to toss my jump seat and build a SUPER senter conmsle similiar to the classis chassis guys
looks good
:thumbs

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you gonna bolt that thing to the floor or seat frame system ?
its gonna vibrate like hell against the floor if you dont.

also consider how your gonna keep stuff from rolling under it ?

paulkeith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rear seat is wedged against it pretty hard. You can make it out in the pics if you look for it. It's not going anywhere. It's also pretty heavy...I dont think it would be an issue even without the rear seat pushed down on it.

I dont ever really have stuff rolling around back there. Wasn't really a concern for me? I guess a grill of some sort wouldn't be a bad idea. I've had this sub box in the truck for about 7 months now, i had just never posted pics of it. I haven't had any issues.

paulkeith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if you can do this on an Excursion ??:dunno

Nice write up and pix, Paul. :sweet

I'm 99.9% sure you can. I'll take some more detailed pics of my seat brackets, and then you can compare them to the brackets you've got. Also see if you can feel the extra holes for the back brackets that I showed a picture of. You can feel it through the carpet if you push with your finger.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow you were busy. Nice pix and write up. Like the idea of the jump seat. Nice looking sub inclosure, need to get a new camera wire so that I can post my pics of the sub box that we put in my truck, but are now taking it out and building a different box.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track