Help Needed Constant low speed squeal

jjreagan

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
This has been going on for several months now and is driving me crazy! I hope the following video links work so you can see what i am talking about. The squeal seems to sound like brakes to me, because when i hit the brake pedal the squeal stops. The Squeal is worst at 25-40mph coasting around town. I have pulled the wheels and hubs and checked out the front brakes, and they do have newer Wagner Thermo Quiet pads that look good.

Movie 1
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B64tuDrsqZQ7YzI4OTJhMzYtOWExMy00NWVlLTg1YTktODk1YjY1ZmQwYWM2

Movie 2
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B64tuDrsqZQ7NjAzYTRkYTYtN2EyNi00ZTQ2LTlhMDAtZjhhOWZkNWU4M2M5

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi jjreagan. Some more info on your truck might help, but off the cuff it sounds like brake squeal. Remove the pads and inspect them carefully, clean the pads and the mounting housing. Re-install and try it again.

Dave :dunno

jjreagan

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Brake squeal

Is it common to have brake squeal all the time when you are not applying the brakes? Is thier something causing the pad to rub the rotor? I have suddenly had this squeal for the last six months. The pads are almost two years old though, and i have never had this before. I have had the pads off several times trying to figure this out. The pads look real good. Thanks for the help!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Some times a small stone will cause the squealing that you described. That is what I was looking for. The pads will squeal when they are getting down. They are made to do that, but not with that much pad left. Too bad there are as old as you say. I would take them off and return them to the store and get new ones, but I doubt you can do that after two years.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58