Constant power to doors.....

TASKFORCERANGER506

TASKFORCERANGER506
Reaction score
Ok this is fustrating...I have constant power to my doors even when the keys are in the off position. I have 1999 Ford SD F-250 Gasser. My truck did not come with the option to roll down the windows before you open the door and kill the circut. Also that option allowed you to play the radio until the doors are opened. Anyway, I can still roll my windows up and down and the switch lights on all four doors are on even after exiting the truck. This howerver drains my battery down to nothing if the truck hasn't started in say 10 hrs time. Can anyone with this issue help me figure what to do next? I have already changed out the GEM Module, and wasted $175.00. If I pull the relay out under the hood itkills the power to the windows and lights on the switches, and all dies but haven't been able to figure anything else out beyond that. Thanks:confused: :confused: :confused:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Put an OFF switch that turns off the relay when you want to. OR use a KEYED power source to the relay.

Dave - don't know much about them gassers

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
am i the only one that thinks this sounds like a SHORT ?
could it be a defective door PIN switch ?

Djracer

Car Stereo Dude
Reaction score
Check the power coming out of your ignition switch! The acc wires are black/lt green and grey/yellow make sure power is there in acc position and gone in the off position. It could be an ignition switch problem!

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
bushpilot said:
am i the only one that thinks this sounds like a SHORT ?
could it be a defective door PIN switch ?
nope\
but i was trying to find the schematic first
but yes it sounds like a wire is OPEN somewhere thats not allowing the realy to stay open. I would look for a ground on the relays or gem. that is un grounded

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also give some consideration to the lights in the door themselves
too...

TASKFORCERANGER506

TASKFORCERANGER506
Reaction score
cONSTANT POWER TO WINDOWS...

Checked the door pin switch, good to go there. What about a bad ground to the Chassis through accessories installed, lights, radio, cb etc..... I'll have the In switch checked first though. And have switched out the relay. Thought maybe it was stuck, but my experience with them is that they work or they do not...No gray area there. Thanks for the replies.:confused:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58