Question Control Module Location

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is the Control Module located on a 2004 CC 6.0L?

I replaced the battery in my keyless entry keypad and I need the code to reset the keypad. The radio has been replaced so it is not on the bottom of the radio. I have never know the code as the previous owner did not supply to the dealer when he traded it in. I have carried it to the dealer right after I bought the truck and they could not get the code for me using the scanner.

This keypad is not original as it is dated in 2006 when I opened it to replace the battery. It may be aftermarket and not FORD but it has no manufacturers markings that I can find.

Supposedly the control module has the key code printed on a label on it.

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On mine I pulled the flip down storage box that is right under where the factory brake controller would be all the way out, then I took a flashlight and could just barely see the module and was able to make out the code. Once I got that door removed, I had to look up, slightly toward the firewall, and slightly to the passenger side. I had to push some wires out of the way IIRC.

willie "D"

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Mine and a friends is center dash under radio. can be seen from driverside floorboard.

Last edited:

willie "D"

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Let's start over, forget about the radio.(to far up the dash) Looking at the dash i would say the module is attached below the heating controls. You'll need a flash light and a extending inspection mirror with pivoting head, worm :lmao yourself onto the driver side floor board, look up under center dash, above the heating ducts attached to the firewall is a black module. orientate flash light and mirror so you can see the front of that module. on mine and my friends 250 there's a white sticker with our entry code on it. i found it's helpful to have a friend standing by to right down the code and even try it before you get out of the floorboard.;tu

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58