Convert Dually to Single RW

LCW

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
I bought an F-350 dually cuz it was a good deal at the time, but am now finding that I think I'd rather have a SRW (less tires to replace, less rolling resistance, less chance of the wife pinstriping the dually wells). Would it be practical/cost effective to convert my dually, or just sell it and buy a SRW?

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Gotta pull off wheel boxes, and front hub adapters. I believe you will need all new rims, also. Wheel studs will be too long in back. rear end may be too wide, also. Not sure about that. Seems like alot of work to down-grade the truck. Guess it depends on how much you want a SRW.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
That is a nice feature, you need 3 flats before your really at that point. Of course you need to buy 2 more @ tire time...:rolleyes:

LCW

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. All things being the same, I like the dually for what it provides. But for as little as I tow and haul these days, it's overkill that's costing me more money than necessary. I've heard of lots of folks converting TO a dually, was just curious whether anyone went the other way (so to speak)...

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Well, I like mine. But my next rig will not be a dually. I'm in the same boat. Don't tow as much. Can't get thru drive-thru's, parking in left field. Won't go thru car washes. Not great in snow [or a heavy frost] or mud. It was meant to tow. If ya don't tow alot, its not what ya need. Trade it. Get what ya want.

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Yea, I can see it being very costly to convert the truck from Dually to SRW

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
if you just want to cut down some rolling ressitance, just remove the inner set of tires for a while,
and be sure to use the inners from time to time to get even wear.see lots of framers here doing it in the off horse and cow season

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14