Cool Pics

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love pics like that. My favorites are always the warthog pictures. I think, that just because of what they can do, they are favorite Military aircraft.

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The two pictures of the Chinook Helicopter (tail number 269) are from the unit I was in. Co. G/104th Avn. based out of Ft. Indiantown Gap, PA. The pictures were taken while we were deployed to Afghanistan. The second picture was actually the first attempt at the landing, but one of the aft landing gear pushed through the roof. They had to reposition the aircraft over the other side to make the landing. It's called a pinnacle landing and we did it all the time over there due to the rough terrain and the mountains.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
The two pictures of the Chinook Helicopter (tail number 269) are from the unit I was in...............It's called a pinnacle landing and we did it all the time over there due to the rough terrain and the mountains.

that takes skill, that picture impressed the hell out of my dad who had his pilots license, but has since gotten out of the flyboy game. very cool stuff. :notworthy

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share a couple more pics of a pinnacle landing. Remember, the pilot cannot see what is directly below them. The flight engineer radios the aircrafts position and the pilot adjusts. That's what you call trust. Enjoy.

I don't mean to hijack this thread or anything, I'm just really proud of what our guys did over there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58