Coolant and Oil Bypass filter

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is anyone running both the coolant and oil bypass filters and can you post some pics of where you mounted them. I've seen some really cool places to put the Oil filter but it seems to interfere with where they want the coolant filter mounted. I want to do both but also want them both in easily accessible places under the hood.:dizzy

Jetpilot1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
coolant and oil filter

I installed the coolant filter first in normal position by the right hand side of the rad. I couldn't find anyplace to put the oil bypass filter in the engine bay, so I put it along the right frame rail. I would have preferred to have it in the bay, but real estate is tight there.

ponyexpress94

Diesel Power Junkie
Reaction score
I too have done both oil and coolant bypass filters and the coolant filter is mounted to the right of the radiator. I have the FS-2500 bypass filters for my engine and tranny and they are both mounted on my frame rails. Engine on the driver's side and tranny on the passenger's. As it is, the coolant filter requires a bit of wiggling to get the old filter out and the new in, and that is the most open spot in the engine bay of the 6.0 trucks. There's nothing wrong with having the filter on the frame rail as it will actually keep things cleaner when the time comes to service it by allowing you to catch any spills with a drain pan directly under it, instead of the filters slobering all over your engine bay and making it hard to clean up.

Sorry but I don't have any pictures of my setup currently and will be away from my truck for the next week.

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok that's what I got from pictures of where the coolant filter is and all just have to buy longer lines for the oil bypass to put it down on the frame rail. I'm going to buy the billet filler and filter cap with the tops tapped for the bypass and return line. I just hoped to put them all in the same place but like you said real estate is tight in the engine bay, especially compared to the cummins.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58