Coolant Filter For 6.0L PSD - It Really Works!!!!

Beachbumcook

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a Dieselsite.com coolant filter on my 2003 Excursion Ltd 4X4 with 6.0L motor back on June 5, 2005 (51,090 miles) and just changed it today, September 18, 2005 (57,150 miles)... 6,060 miles since installation of coolant filter.

First off, let me say that I installed a coolant filter with the belief that we filter our air, oil and transmission fluids... so why not the coolant that does not get changed for extended periods of time (100,000 miles according to Ford).

Compared to other mods for our trucks, I am now a true believer after cutting open the coolant filter after just 6,060 miles. Keep in mind that my dealer drained my radiator to change my lower radiator hose at 30,000 and I flushed my entire system (5 times with distilled water) before installing the coolant filter at 51,090 miles... so this sand and grit is probably less than what many of you have!!!! Not a pleasant thought huh???

If you look in my gallery, I just posted pictures of the coolant filter after I drained it into a coffee filter and cut open the filter to inspect what the inside media looked like. After several flushes and ONLY 6,060 MILES... look at the sand and grit the filter removed... which means better cooling and less wear on the waterpump and cooling system components!!!

As I have said before... a picture is worth a 1,000 words and I am now a believer with proof to back up my comments about coolant filtration and the benefits of!!!

Diesalsite.com - $130.00 with ball valves (no drips when changing filter).

1 hour to install coolant filter into my 6.0L Excursion.

5 minutes to change filter

30 minutes just to figure how to cut open the darn filter and take apart.

Good luck and enjoy the updated pics in my gallery.

Thanks,

Jeff

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I did the same thing. My thinking was that my KW had one, and my Ford should have one. I have cut open mine and found minimal amount of crud in the filter media.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58