Coolant filter mount?

Russ

Found On Russ' Drive
Reaction score
Does anyone have any good locations to mount a coolant filter? Looking for pics and or suggestions. :thanks

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Russ, look at my pictures and there is a photo album for my Coolant Filter. It is pretty straight forward. I mounted mine on the rad support on the passengers side.

Dave:)

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Mine is mounted on a bracket that hangs off the top alternator mounting bolts. This location does not require any extra hose as the heater lines run right by the alternator mount. Here are a couple of pictures on Dale's site of the Tymar filter mount like I have.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Mine is bolted to the inside of the fender just above the IDM. You'll notice several screw holes to the left of the brake booster on the rubber strip. This is where DieselSite recommended the install, but the sheet metal screws never gave me the secure mounting that my current location offers.

Darth_Stroker

Dark Lord of the Sith
Reaction score
I put mine on the passenger side frame rail with ball valves for easy filter replacement.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Does any coolant drip on the IDM when you change the filter? IDM's don't like to get wet.

Hardly a drop. I have mini ball valves on either side of the coolant filter housing for that very reason. When I unscrew and change the filter (once a year) I carefully lift it out.

Last edited:

Russ

Found On Russ' Drive
Reaction score
I like the alt. mount idea. Looks clean, and easy to get to. Thanks guys. That will be added after the spring thaw.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14