Coolant filter?

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
It works good & worth the money.

I put one just after 1st water pump went out. The second water pump has been going good for well over 150K now.

Open up that first coolant filter after you replace it and you'll be amazed how much crud comes out of it.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It works good & worth the money.

I put one just after 1st water pump went out. The second water pump has been going good for well over 150K now.

Open up that first coolant filter after you replace it and you'll be amazed how much crud comes out of it.

Xs 2;tu

One of the best long term Maintenence type Mods for ANY vehicle... IMO.

I even installed one on our 99 WindStar. :dunno

CHPMustang

Reaction score
We also have the Dieselsite coolant filter kit on the 02,it's affordable insurance and looks good installed :sweet

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Thanks! I think I'll order it when I order my 203 thermostat.
If you haven't done this already I suggest replacing/upgrading your upper radiator to the one that routes on the outside of the serpentine belt to the thermostat that way in the future if you had a serpentine belt fail you won't have to remove the upper radiator hose on the spot and lose coolant in the process.

The upper radiator hose is the "dual alternator type" which costs about $10 plus a pair of new worm gear clamps.

Here's a Thread Link with the part numbers listed.;tu

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you haven't done this already I suggest replacing/upgrading your upper radiator to the one that routes on the outside of the serpentine belt to the thermostat that way in the future if you had a serpentine belt fail you won't have to remove the upper radiator hose on the spot and lose coolant in the process.

The upper radiator hose is the "dual alternator type" which costs about $10 plus a pair of new worm gear clamps.

Here's a Thread Link with the part numbers listed.;tu
Thanks man! Already one step ahead though. I was already planning on that but the link with the part numbers really helped out!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14