comment coolant filter

IDSTROKER

Blackfoot ID
Reaction score
Back in june of 2009 i installed a coolant filter system. Well i was borded on saturday and changed the filter it had about 3000 mile's on it. All i have to say is HOLY CRAP that thing was full of stuff. I could not belive it i will be changing it again soon.;tu

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep.. Amazing, the crap it captures. I'll take about 3 filter changes @ about1000 miles each to get the system cleaned up.

I change mine 'bout once a year now.

:dunno

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I was surprised at how little junk was in mine. It was there, but not the big heaps that I have read here. Good to have a good filter.

Dave

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where's it at?

It's a Add On rammer.

Taps in on the water pump, a small coolant hose goes thru a filter, then dumps back into the degas tank.

It's passive, in-that.. [some] of the coolant is diverted thru the filter.. over GPM flow.. ALL of the coolant, and the crap (casting sand, scale & any other solids) in it.. eventually gets filtered.

Prolly one of the BEST Engine & Water-pump longevity Mods, a guy can (should) do.. IMO.

Last edited:

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a Add On rammer.

Taps in on the water pump, a small coolant hose goes thru a filter, then dumps back into the degas tank.

It's passive, in-that.. [some] of the coolant is diverted thru the filter.. over GPM flow.. ALL of the coolant, and the crap (casting sand, scale & any other solids) in it.. eventually gets filtered.

Prolly one of the BEST Engine & Water-pump longevity Mods, a guy can (should) do.. IMO.

Cool...anyone got pics or a link on how to do this.

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i ran mine for 3 months or so... cut it open, fliter was dark brown.. no debris though.. i was expecting lots of junk.

IDSTROKER

Blackfoot ID
Reaction score
My filter was pretty black as well but if you have nothing in it i would say that is great.

dpantazis

Reaction score
Cool...anyone got pics or a link on how to do this.

d00d- i hate to bust your chops, but you have to learn how to use this sites search and make use of the wiki.

there is LOTS of info on LOTS of stuff here.

google is your friend too. there is lots of stuff on webshots too.

look around a bit and you might be surprised how easy it is to find out info on your own.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58