Coolant Filtration

Roadie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered the Coolant Filtration system from the Diesel Site.com. Looking forward to getting this kit installed and seeing the difference. Just curious, is there any filtration going on now prior to install? Is this a bypass or the only filtering? Thanks for comments.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered the Coolant Filtration system from the Diesel Site.com. Looking forward to getting this kit installed and seeing the difference. Just curious, is there any filtration going on now prior to install? Is this a bypass or the only filtering? Thanks for comments.

NO filtration, stock. Yul be surprized at the amount of crap that will get filtered out. Be ready to change the filter 3-5 times before it cleans up yer coolant.

It's a passive system. Only a portion of the coolant gets filtered.. as it runs throught the cooling system.

A VERY Wise investment you made there. ;tu

Joe

2 Stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe
You forgot about the other coolant filter on the 6.0 the oil cooler:eek: after you get the coolant filter installed need to get some gauges to check ECT-EOT max 15* then do a coolant flush and install ELC coolant.
2 stroker

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The oil cooler is a coolant filter too ?? Hmmm

I guess maybe I need to stay in the 7.3 box. I thought it was a Oil Cooler.. that becomes a Filter.. due to some design issues.

Correct me if I'm wrong guyz ?

Last edited:

2 Stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you are right it was an Oil Cooler but it becomes a Filter only on the coolant side only because of the casting sand and silicates that drop out of the Ford Gold Junk coolant do to heat and some design issues on the egr cooler. ELC coolant is needed to keep the oil cooler clean and temp spreads down to 4-6* and a max of 10* when pulling my 5er.
2 stroker

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you are right it was an Oil Cooler but it becomes a Filter only on the coolant side only because of the casting sand and silicates that drop out of the Ford Gold Junk coolant do to heat and some design issues on the egr cooler. ELC coolant is needed to keep the oil cooler clean and temp spreads down to 4-6* and a max of 10* when pulling my 5er.
2 stroker

All the more reason for a Coolant Filter ? Seems like that might prevent, or at very least... reduce that problem ?

A Coolant Filter install.. and an EGR delete.. might be a Must Do.. and maybe that Loong Draawn out Flush ($) might not need to be done..for those that havent had the problem YET.:dunno

Last edited:

2 Stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the more reason for a Coolant Filter ? Seems like that might prevent, or at very least... reduce that problem ?

A Coolant Filter install.. and an EGR delete.. might be a Must Do.. and maybe that Loong Draawn out Flush ($) might not need to be done..for those that havent had the problem YET.:dunno
Well even doing a egr delete and a new oil cooler things can go south real quick if your temp spread is larger than 15* you need both a egr delete or a BPD egr and a oil cooler BUT you have to flush or in time you will be doing it again even with the ELC coolant the only thing is if you get a 6.0 with super low miles and has never pulled where it has had high heat it may work, mine with 17k the first flush with restore had some goo. Now my deltas are 4-6* and pulling around 10* you just never know.:dunno I didn't want to take any chances so i used 48 gallons of distilled water and 12.5hrs of my time i know it is right.
2 stroker

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg