Coolant Flush

SeventyMach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I did something stupid. If I did, please don't poke fun, lol. I'm new to PSD's.

So I read that it would take ~7 gallons. I drained coolant. Flushed with water. Went to fill it back up & it only held 4 gallons + 1 bottle of additive!

What gives?

oi8228oi

another 99
Reaction score
OB NJ, land of traffic, stop lights, stop signs, a
either didnt get it all out or ya got air in the system...
did you check to see if you got all 7 gallons out of the truck??
did you run the truck till the thermostat opened and let the rest of the coolant out? you might have just emptyed the radiator and hoses out....
was your fluid that bad that your worried to the point you want to reflush and run the truck to get every last drop out? if you are gonna do that i would change the thermostat while i was at it but thats just me... also shopdiesel (a sponser) offers a coolant filter http://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=8 which is probably the best thing you can do for the 79 bux.. i got one didnt install it yet though...

SeventyMach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah, it wasn't too bad nasty. I just wanted to do the flush because I just bought the truck. It has 127K on it & I don't know if it has ever been done. I guess I just got the radiator & hoses drained. I ran the truck for about 10 miles alrady & the reservoir is still full. I guess it'll be alright. Thanks for the help bro! I'm gonna get the coolant filter.

Also, I'm doing the oil change. I have already drained the pan & taken the filter off. Just gotta put the oil back in it (using Delo 400 15w40). It holds 4 gallons, right?

Thanks!

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
give or take a quart. Fill about 14 and check it. adjust if necessary.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14