coolant loss

Nasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
=new heads! Asked the tech to see why it was loosing coolant, figured they would do the dye thing, and now I hear they're gonna replace the heads. Seems they are coming out of Stateside on a Camel....taking forever to get them. Seems I'm having all the luck...poor me :(

Ford Nut

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
JOIN THE CLUB.FORD NEEDS TO STICK TO QUALITY IS JOB 1!!!

Nasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new heads, or new head gaskets????

did the old heads get ruined because of exessive coolant loss?

New heads Bama....apparently they were going to just replace the gaskets but found a problem with the heads when they were removed. I don't believe the resevoire (splchk) was ever empty of coolant and not aware of it ever running above normal temps. I haven't actually talked to the tech directly since he started the repair. I had hoped it was an EGR related issue but as long as it is covered I'll be pleased I reckon.

Nasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heads

came from *^%(! Tech showed me the heads....in excess of the allowed 2 thousands under the straight-edge and they were never polished...not only could one see the milling but could feel the ridges too. Man...would never have figured we produced such :cussing: quality on this continent...imagine Ford arguing with Navistar....good reason.

Be well!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14