Coolant loss

F250 FTW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so im fearing the worst with my dilemma, the coolant tank keeps losing fluid. I pressure tested it and I cant find a leak. But idk if it is the head gasket cuz the gauge on the tester holds pressure, if it was the HG it would drop pressure but no. So Im guessing its like a hair line fracture on the HG so its not noticeable on the gauge, Im thinking of dumping in some HG sealant from PepBoys and calling it a day. Thoughts? Opinions? Concerns?

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
DO NOT PUT ANY LEAK STOP IN IT!! it will just make things worse to work on...more than likely i would say its the egr cooler... how much/how rapidly is it losing coolant...when my coooler was leaking you could see it leakin but not always the case

Egr Block Off Kit Coolant Reservoir Photo

you can see the cooler in the top center of this pic with the finlooking things on it...sounds like its time for a removal kit got mine from dfuser you want the whole kit not the block offs etc hope this helps :sweet

creeper

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
if you are running a tuner you need head studs and the gaskets from rivercity diesel. also i would go with an egr cooler delete kit. there is no leak. the head gaskets go bad from excess boost from your tuner. under high boost the cylinder pressures actually push the coolant out. i put the studs, gaskets, welded the egr cooler shut, had the heads milled flat again, and installed the coolant bypass kit from elite diesel and havent ran hot or lost a drop of coolant since

F250 FTW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a tuner but im not boosting any more pounds that stock, im just running very hard and fast when i give it throttle but boost wise im holding around 28-30

DR.Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its kind of a pain in the butt but i pull the passenger turbo charge tube off and pressure test the system.you can see it leak right out of the cooler.i have heard of the techs being told to install a 03 year cooler because they are made better.or you can go to bullitproofdiesel.com and order one of there tig welded stainless steel versions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58