Help Needed coolant smell in cab

sprdty05

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have an 05 6.0 afe stage 2 intake and 4"mbrp exhaust and banks pda tuner don't have the thermocouple installed because of the voided warranty issue already used extended warranty front axle seal from and mechanic said that they won't warranty engine with tuner installed. so didn't recently put at speed loader level but figured with colder weather should keep egr temp down. since then everytime i stand on the go pedal there is a faint coolant smell on the cab of the truck if it is head gasket then i will remove the tuner temporary to get fixed can't afford full price unless anyone has ideas. Thanks:dunno

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. I will suggest that you get a compression test done and check your EGR cooler.

also possibility of a heater core problem but not too likely

sprdty05

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info drove 200 miles for trip and no smell but while driving electrical issue that shut off cruise then abs light came on for remainder of trip noticed water spots under hood at the coolant tank around booster area. started up next morning and no abs light, so wondering if the pressure build up in coolant system is poping coolant cap????

atk

Reaction score
Thanks for the info drove 200 miles for trip and no smell but while driving electrical issue that shut off cruise then abs light came on for remainder of trip noticed water spots under hood at the coolant tank around booster area. started up next morning and no abs light, so wondering if the pressure build up in coolant system is poping coolant cap????

what is the level of the coolant when cold in the coolant tank?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58