coolent coming out of degas tank cap

snyder5630

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Coolant coming out of degas tank cap

:dunnoHad a bad cap degas tank coolant cap so I replaced it and now I have coolant leaking from it any ideas why this is happening? Tank level isn't to high and temp gauge is right in th middle after letting truck run for 10 minutes then driving 30 minutes.

Last edited:

snyder5630

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
2006 F350 Superduty 6.0 Harley Davidson crew cab with 36000 miles truck has Juice w/attitude,airaid air box, Bully Dog exhaust. Juice only used to increase fuel mileage and not abused.

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take the tuner off and drive for a while, see if it stops - happened to my friend with a hypertech, took it out and truck stopped puking and been fine ever since. Does it blow white smoke?

Last edited:

snyder5630

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Nope the truck doesn't smoke at all not even a little. Like I said the programmer is on for fuel mileage. The cap was bad and making a whistle noise so I replaced it now it has the small puke problem .

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its not smoking i don't think its a HG -Just pull the tuner off for the hell of it, even an economy tuner can cause problems, its still changing the way the engine operates. Burns more air than fuel so it may run hotter.

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Burns more air than fuel so it may run hotter.

I don't think you understand how diesels burn. They do not use the standard fuel-to-air ratio like a gas motor does. A diesel uses a constant air supply on every turn of the crank. You add fuel and you get some power, add more fuel and you get more power and add a lot of fuel and you get a lot of power and smoke. If you "lean" it out it will die. The more fuel the hotter it burns. Pretty simple really.

Dave

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had some problems with my EGR and it was puking out the degas bottle. I cleaned it and it's been fine.

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think you understand how diesels burn. They do not use the standard fuel-to-air ratio like a gas motor does. A diesel uses a constant air supply on every turn of the crank. You add fuel and you get some power, add more fuel and you get more power and add a lot of fuel and you get a lot of power and smoke. If you "lean" it out it will die. The more fuel the hotter it burns. Pretty simple really.

Dave

I guess i never really thought about it - Still learning :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14