coolent coming out of degas tank cap

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
plus the juice has a stock setting ,, I think the cap is the prob or the sealing area ,,PS per ford don't fill to the max level ,, fill to the min level

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
There have been about 4 or 5 updated caps since the 6.0 came out.

Mine was making the whining sound. I replaced the cap twice and it continued to do it.

I really think head gaskets may be in your future, it's not the cap.

Just saying from my own experience.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Combustion gasses get into the coolant and cause it to puke. The blown Head Gasket is the route the gasses take to the coolant passages.

Dave

dmcvey_1999

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
coolant gas cap puking

hold the phone here guys. I respect the knowledge of the guys on this board but I think we are kind of jumping the gun here. It is possible he could have bad head gaskets or he could have a bad egr cooler. Both will cause the same type of symptoms. I had a bad egr cooler. My buddy's f-350 turned out to be the head gaskets. One of the ways you can determine which it is is by putting a coolant pressure gauge on your system. Watch your turbo psi and coolant pressure while driving. When you smack it, if the coolant pressure gauge follows suit with your turbo psi until 16 psi, you probably have a bad head gasket. If not it is probably a bad egr cooler. A way to determine if it is the EGR cooler is pull the EGR valve, take a flash light and see if there is any coolant down in the throat of the EGR valve housing. Good luck to the OP with your truck problems.

Jetpilot1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
puking coolant

You might also have a restricted oil cooler. If the coolant passages in the oil cooler get plugged (casting sand, silicates, etc.) then the egr cooler (downstream of the oil cooler) doesn't get proper flow, and the coolant in the egr cooler flash boils causing the coolant to puke out of the degas. That is how most egr coolers start to fail. If you have access to checking the coolant/oil temp, the oil should not get more than 15 degrees hotter than the coolant, if it does the oil cooler is restricted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58