Corrosion repair

nc1500

MyFirstPS444
Reaction score
I don't know if this is in the right place but I couldn't find another suitable area to post in.

Like most of our trucks, I'm assuming, I have paint peeling and surface rust forming in the wheel wells. It's bad enough on one side that there is no paint, just rust.

Rust repair is one of those areas that most people view with fear and loathing, much the same as a differential swap or a transmission overhaul, and would rather leave it to the pro's. Unfortunatly, rust repair can kill a budget faster than almost anything else in the repair process. Once I get the project started I'll post some pictures and show just how easy most spot repairs are. :nutkick:

nc1500

MyFirstPS444
Reaction score
I couldn't get the pics to download. I had to pull the mud flaps and bracets off to get to the worst of the rust. Holly Crap there was a lot of rust hidden behind them! I sanded the rust, primed and covered with black rattle can. Not pretty but it won't corrode again.

The more I look, the more rust I find (in unlikely places). I didn't know the roof could rust like it does. Nor did I suspect it to form near the edges of the bed cap rails. Looks like I'm going to have to take everything off and take a closer look. The bed is definetly comming off. While open I've got to hit the frame, as well.

If someone could guide me I'll get pics posted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl