Could this be it!!!!! (Vibration out of the whole)

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
I have done the carrier barring spacer kit. Started with the smallest spacer and kept adding to a 1/4" past the recomended which is a quarter inch per every inch of lift none of which worked. Ive priced a 1 piece shaft, priced ladder bars (all pretty extreme for a 3" lift) Ive posted on several sites and asked every truck guy I knew, Ive even asked my five year old. I have talked to every 4 wheel shop to diagnose this problem I ve never gotten the same answer twice consecutively.

I just needed a little more clearance or I was going to tear off my kick stands. Seems as though some of the places I wanted to access in the hills I was scraping and hitting just a little. I love the look of them though. :shrug: [/quote]

Well I did search a few min. ago I think I found my problem:

This was found on the Dieselmann's page.

http://www.intellidog.com/dieselmann/home.html

Driveline Vibration, F-250/350 137" or 142" Wheelbase:
This may be due to improperly installed rear axle spring spacer blocks (installed on wrong side). The blocks should be taller at the front than the rear when installed correctly. Broadcast Message 1572

Could this be it? I know how I was told to put them on from four wheel parts. There was two of us there getting the parts and putting them on thick towards the rear is how I would of thought they went. Were we were all wrong?:dunno

Norcal250

Gimp member
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

Driveline Vibration, F-250/350 137" or 142" Wheelbase:
This may be due to improperly installed rear axle spring spacer blocks (installed on wrong side). The blocks should be taller at the front than the rear when installed correctly. Broadcast Message 1572

[/QUOTE]

look at a stock superduty...or any lifted truck with rear blocks... you'll find the taller side of the block towards the back... whoever told you this is wrong... we are not... :cool:

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
Makes since, I have just been so frustrated about the vibration I am pretty much grabbing at straws. It seems to me with that a small 3" lift should not do this. Im just about ready to go back to stock.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
I hate to ask teh obvious question
but
my 02 crew cab 4x2 did the same thing on take off, a pretty good shudder and everyone went to the carrier bearing and checked the angle
then there was a tsb on the input yoke of the driveshaft where it enters the tranny, the teeth inside the yoke were dry and a little bit of grease solved the shudder, it seems it was winding up or torquing at start off and beeing a crew cab its a pretty long hump from the tranny to the carrier bearing so it was twisting pretty good. soooooo with your bigger tires and lift your probably apply more "get rolling" tq to that yoke so i may be trying to move but cant.
just thinking out loud,

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
If your rear driveshaft was removed and replaced (even the stock one) it may have been out of phase by 180°. Remove it and turn it 1/2 tuna and reinstall. This is probably your problem. Always mark the yoke and the shaft when you do this sort of work.

Dave :)

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
DaveBen said:
If your rear driveshaft was removed and replaced (even the stock one) it may have been out of phase by 180°. Remove it and turn it 1/2 tuna and reinstall. This is probably your problem. Always mark the yoke and the shaft when you do this sort of work.

Dave :)
dave
I have a terrible typing problem and very often mispell teh heck out of words.... but
this is just to good to pass up
how do you " turn a driveshaft half a TUNA" :roflmao :roflmao is that fin side up or down
I am sorry its friday and i feel good ....

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Ive never disconnected shaft. It is how it came from the factory. Am I understanding you correctly?

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Mark all the ends so they go back in the same orientation. then drop the puppy and check the tranny output yoke for signs of gouging and wear.

if it has never been removed and it didnt vibrate before, chances are its in phase, however it may not be , you never know about assembly lines
if dont want to remove the whole enclilada then remove the bolts on the center carrier bearing and hold it so as not to drop it , and work the yoke in and out o see if its binding.
got any pics from the under side

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
No PICS I tried the picture thing and failed, I try again. Ill pull it off when I get home tonight. Everything is already marked cuz I was going to pull it last weekend but ran out of time. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl