Could this be it!!!!! (Vibration out of the whole)

gtrippleb

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty new to this, been lurking for awhile trying to research some of the problems I have and vibration at start off between 15-20 is about to drive me nuts. I took it in as I had vibrations from 15-20, 40-45, and then 65-70. The dealer told me that it was the mid-shaft bearing, is that the same as the carrier bearing? I use my truck for business so I could let them have it anylonger than they already had it, 3 days, which I lost 500 bucks due to them having to order parts. I should have just told them to order the parts and then I would bring it back to have the work done. Warranty is up due to being a used vehicle and it having over 100K, about 95K when the work was done. After they replaced the bearing, I still have the vibration at 15-20. The truck is an 03' crewcab F350 4x4 dually and all stock to my knowledge. Any thoughts would be be welcomed.

Thanks,
Greg

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Yes, there is a shim that needs to be placed on top of the bearing carrier to shim it up or down (I am not sure way). This will place the beaeshaft carrier back into line with the drivshaft. Now I will be the first to admit that I have never done this so I am talking out of turn. Someone else who has will chime in.

Dave:)

gtrippleb

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I would think the dealership would have done this, but possibly not since I couldn't let them have the vehicle longer than what they already had it. Thanks for the info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl