Couple of codes

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Friday the RPM shot up and then dropped a couple of times which put me in panic mode considering I was in the middle of rush hour traffic and the check engine light came on. We did the 204k service this morning and pulled a couple of codes.

P1211 ICP pressure above/below desired and
P0236 turbocharge boost sensor A perform

I think the P0236 is because of the engine brake but the ICP one has me concerned. Any ideas on what it means?

Oh and I have 3" brake shoes.

Thanks guys...
Ron

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
P1211 ICP pressure above/below desired

P1211 sets if ICP is 410 psi above or 280 psi below the desired pressure for 7.5 seconds. Have you ever changed your IPR? Any hard starts hot or cold?
High pressure oil pump getting weak :dunno 204K is a few miles on it. Could also be some injector o-rings letting a little pressure by.

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Starts great hot or cold, no problems. We haven't changed the IPR, but is it the unit you can change the O rings in? If it is we did that a while back. Normally it runs like jake the bear. Like today it's running normal. It was just that little hickup the other day. Maybe I should look into changing the IPR just because...

Thanks for the response...
Ron

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
If you did the IPR o rings recently this might just have been a hiccup on the part of the ICP.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Maybe I should look into changing the IPR just because...

Not a good idea. At $224.16 it is not one of those parts like a CPS that you just throw on to see if it helps. If it is starting fine and you already did the o-rings I would not mess with it.

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeow...I'll pass on the IPR for now...it's running fine. You can tell by the number of times I hit the site with questions that I have little to no issues.

As always thanks for the comments and help :thumbs

Ron

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58