F-250 Care Taker
Reaction score
Ill start out with a list of my mods.
2000 SD with 7.3L and 175,000 miles.
-Hypertech Programmer on highest setting
-airaid intake
-removed stock muffler
-CCV mod with 4" pipe in intake
-Autometer Boost gauge in MAP sensor line.
-No boost fooler
-Autometer pyrometer in driver side exh manifold

I get 19psi at full throttle @ about 1000* pyrometer
After it peeks at 19 it drops to 15, it does not hold 19 long at all.

What is the max temp i should see from pyro?
Are my boost numbers low for my mods?
I had some oil on my intercooler tubes before i relocated the CCV, Are my boots leaking?
Where can i get the best replacements for around $100

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
I would say you prolly have a boost leak. I can hit up to 28 with my chip. Make sure all the clamps are tight.

01platinum

Go VOLS
Reaction score
i previously had a hypertech on my 01 7.3, can't remember the peak boost for certain.( i think around 23-24) but i had several issues with 2-3 shift flare with the programmer installed. called hypertech to question the shift flare and they offered me a complete refund after I explained that i had no previous problems with the trans. But that was several years ago. Since then I haven't heard much about the hypertech, I think everyone has gone to dptuner and been very pleased, good luck! someone on here will likely chime in and point you in the right direction, they are very helpful and a vast knowledge of the powerstroke's

black_cloud_stroker00

GO BIG RED!!!
Reaction score
your boost seems a little low, definitely tighten all the clamps. You can lose some boost through a oily I/C, i plan to clean mine soon. whats the HP setting on the programmer. You can try calling Hypertech and see what there same year test vehicles have run. You also can get dfuser's MAP maximizer/boost tube to gain some PSI. If you call dfuser, he will throw on in for free. Check my sig for a link.

1000* pre-turbo, at WOT with no load sounds about right. you don't want to exceed 1250-1300 for long periods of time. Short bursts are ok.

click here for a link to some IC boots. I have not bought any boots, so someone else might have a better idea.

BIG DUTY

F-250 Care Taker
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. I will have to look at all the tube conections cause i think they are leaking. Trust me i would not have bought the hypertech. My unkle already had it when he sold me the truck. Upgrading is in the future after i get my 35s. Ill report back if i find the problem.
*Has anyone ever installed an APC grill? I bought one used and dont know how it mounts?*

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
I would be doing about 90mph before I hit 1000 degrees at WOT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14