couple Questions

farmboy99

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My dad has an 04 6.0 with 116*** miles on it, he needs new shocks and i recommended Billstiens. Where would be the cheapest place to get them if that is the shock he should go with? he is also having a problem with it when he starts it up and it is cold, it blows out white smoke and can hardly move under its own weight till it has warmed up for at least 20 minutes and it still takes about 20 minutes after that for it to run like normal, it has no power for the first hour or so. Thank you in advance

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got my bilstein from eshocks.com you can also try shockwarehouse.com
but the pricing is the same if not w/in a dollar of each other.

the bilsteins will give that truck a NEW ride...those factory shocks were
well worn out LONG ago you can bet that.

as for the cold start issue...could be a glow plug issue <starting> but theres
probably more than that goin' on if it is low on power even after its running.

TEXCRAWLER

TEXCRAWLER
Reaction score
Tell him to trade it in on an 2008 so you can race my 6.0 so I can smoke you in a race again. :roflmao

farmboy99

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Tell him to trade it in on an 2008 so you can race my 6.0 so I can smoke you in a race again. :roflmao

that is true but those things cost 50,000 and i wouldnt want u to have a faster truck... just wait till i git the tranny, chips and stickss done.... it will be the other way around:sly :sly

TEXCRAWLER

TEXCRAWLER
Reaction score
You just think your gona be hot sh!t with that new BTS and chip. I'll let you enjoy it for a little bit. You want be but a small spec in the black smoke in my mirror when I put in my STC Xcal3. :tongue2

BlackBioBurner

Full Size Newbie
Reaction score
Easy fellas

hey texcrawler and farmboy99, the only thing you guys are going to win with your performance chips are blown head gaskets :blabla

TEXCRAWLER

TEXCRAWLER
Reaction score
hey texcrawler and farmboy99, the only thing you guys are going to win with your performance chips are blown head gaskets :blabla

:roflmao Yeh I know what you mean. Then that will give us a reason to build our engines or mabey even a Cummins w/twin turbos. :thumbs

farmboy99

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score

thats why the next thing im doing is head studs, ull have me quite easly with that sct texcrawler, that means ill just have to get sticks :sly :sly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14