CPR fuel system going in this weekend!!

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
i ordered my CPR last week and will be getting it tomorrow. basically i'm tired of fuel leaks and once my shrader valve started leaking i decided to order the CPR rather than try to seal the shrader with teflon.. haha ;tu

any of you guys have a CPR? if so, how do you like it? I talked to Bob on the phone this evening about clearance for the pump bracket on the single cabs and he said that on a single cab 4x4 you have to put the pump outside the frame rail, but on mine i may have enough room to mount inside the frame. hoping i can put it inside the frame!!! haha

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
Im interested in the same thing but his price is pretty high. I already have a racor prepump filter. I dont suppose that alone is enough to drop the price much.

96P_Stroke4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's a great all in the box system. sure, you can probably piece it together for a little cheaper, but the convienence is worth it. the instructions are great and easy to follow. i'm very happy with it and allows room for more upgrades in the future, especially makes it easier to change out the hpop with the fuel bowl out of the way.

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
got the CPR done yesterday. i didn't notice too much of a difference though. it seems to spool quicker and a little more responsive, but thats about it. hopefully it will help with the bigger injectors though. it wasn't a bad install at all since i had my brother helping me with it. well, it wasn't bad once we worked through the one problem... haha

When we got to where we could take off the drivers side rear fuel fitting is when we started having problems. we had to cut the 90* part of the fitting and then once we started taking it out the fitting snapped off inside the head!!!!!!! being as it was 9:30 we were hoping we could find a place open that had EZ outs(i couldn't find ours) and after driving to 3 different places i called my old boss to see if he had one. So we went to his house to get what he had and it wouldn't work so we went to another guys house and got a set and finally got the fitting out at around 11...

it was sort of a trick to mount the pump and post filter on my 2wd single cab, but i was able to put it on the inside of the frame rail with the one draw back of having to un bolt it if i have to take out the crossmember for the transmission, but thats no big deal, it's only 3 bolts.. I'm just happy to know that i have NO FUEL LEAKS!!!!! and i like how my engine looks much better without that dang fuel bowl in the middle of it!!! haha i will post some pics tonight though.

96P_stroke, it does make the valley much more roomy. i like not having to look at that dumb fuel bowl all the dang time!!! haha

i just noticed that my HPOP res fill plug it leaking oil out though... does the plug need a thread sealant or what?

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Early OBS PSD's had 1/8 NPT plugs for the HPOP reservoir. The later ones were straight-thread o-ringed. Cheers!

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
that's what i was kinda thinkin'. haha. oh well, i tightened it up a little and it's not leaking now so it's all good. now i can order injectors so that when i get done installing the H2E on my buddy's early 99 we can put injectors in mine. haha.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58