CPS questions

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't seem to find what I'm looking for in search, but I'm sure it's been asked before.... What are the classic CPS symptoms?

Yesterday while going to town, my truck *hiccuped*. Engine died for a half-second and everything started back up just fine. Going down the highway, just felt a jerk, engine went from WOT to nothing and back in that half-second. It hasn't done it regularly before, but yesterday it did about 3 times within a few hours..

CPS or something else?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't seem to find what I'm looking for in search, but I'm sure it's been asked before.... What are the classic CPS symptoms?

Yesterday while going to town, my truck *hiccuped*. Engine died for a half-second and everything started back up just fine. Going down the highway, just felt a jerk, engine went from WOT to nothing and back in that half-second. It hasn't done it regularly before, but yesterday it did about 3 times within a few hours..

CPS or something else?

I'm a 7.3 but what you describe are "Classic" CPS symptoms. Is your CPS the Original ?? If so.. I'd change it out.. just because.

They get Tired sometimes... before they just Fail completely.

Paul H

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
For all those who rum the Activator II trailer brake control, With the trailer connected the Activator II emits a signal when the brakes are applied. This signal travels all through the wire harness and will overcome a weak CPS signal. This confuses the PCM and it will shut down. Even at idel stepping on the brake will cause the engine to shut down.

The cure is a new CPS.

A weak CPS will do all kinds of goffy things

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58