CPS recall

kiarasue

The RamSmoker
Reaction score
Hey guys, How many of you have had or know someone who has had a CPS failure. This seams to me to be a huge problem. If your worryed about getting home and have to carry a spare with you, and I'm not just taking about out of warranty trucks but PSD trucks in general. Some dealers are still blind to this as a common failure. I don't know how to start this and I hope one of you knows someone who can start up a recall. It won't change the pain some of us have had but maybe it will change the future and force them build a better CPS for us. Bill

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Difficult, and possibly already attempted. I know Ford finally got nailed on the Thin Film Resistor ignitions of gasser cars that would fail, but no love on the diesels so far.

kenh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Navistar/International would be the folks to see about the CPS.

kiarasue

The RamSmoker
Reaction score
CPS failure

Boy, I wish I could remember where I was first of the week in my excessive compulsive search for info. I was reading some postings and one of the people was an engineer. He was working at home testing different materials trying to build the better mouse trap. I still go back to my original thoughts here. Without some pressure to get involved, Navistar or Ford will do anything. Do the 6.0 engines have this problem?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58