CPS recall

kiarasue

The RamSmoker
Reaction score
Hi guys, There is a method to get help with the nagging CPS problem. But this will take all of us. You will need to go to www.nhtsa.gov and file a safety complaint. This is the best way I could figure to get help. This happens to all PSD's. Stalling in traffic and looseing your brakes and steering. That is a safty issue!!! Please do this and tell everbody you know. There is strength in numbers so lets tell them how it really is. Bill

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
Could you post a link to or explain how to post a complaint on that site. I looked aruond a bit but was unable to find anywhere to file a complaint.
Thanks.
Jamie

kiarasue

The RamSmoker
Reaction score
Hi guys, I hope your all takeing time to file a complaint with the NHTSA this week. I can't express enough the importance of this. We all have had or will have a CPS failure in our PSD trucks. I don't know how everybody feels about this but for my $5 grand engine option I think our trucks shouldn't get disabled so easily and unexpected. Lets make a stand!!!!!!

Last edited:

kiarasue

The RamSmoker
Reaction score
Hey, does anybody have friends at Fte? They have a gag order on me over there. My postings are the same as I put out here and some other PSD sites. I don't understand them blocking something that there members could benefit from. Well, if you know someone pass it on. Bill

overworkedunderpaid

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Have they cured the problem with the CPS and by buying a new one can we feel confident we wont be stalled again? Or are the new sensors just as prone to failing as the old ones?

Typically when a company sends out a recall on a product they will have a fix for the problem, in this case there should just be a certificate with each truck for a new CPS whenever it fails. Along with the towing, labor, etc... I don't know of any other part on a vehicle so prone to failure and so widespread that hasn't been addressed by the MFGR yet??? It's almost a rule of thumb to carry one of these and a wrench to change it out yourself when it goes bad, yeah that's what I want to worry about in the dead of winter when I'm traveling all night to my favorite sledding destination with my Duramax buddies. "oh, hold on a second guys, I need to change my CPS".

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i know when I replaced my defective factory CPS with a NAPA brand, I never had anymore problems
then i wrote a letter to FORD and asked for re-imbursemnt, along with three copiesof trips to teh dealer for stalling, shutting off at highway speeds etc. NO DEFECTS, so they sent me a check for 187 the cost of replacing my cps whilst I was broken down on the friggin highway with my wife and grandaughter in the middle of nowhere georgia on HWY 75
:eek:
but now with the 6.0 i geuss i need to worry about the egr failing

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14