cps recall

Zero

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Tell me if I have this correct. If I have a black cps in my truck,(which I do) Ford will replace it with a grey one. If I have a reciept for the one in the truck,(which I do, from International) Ford will reimburse me for it. I did get a letter from Ford. Also, I have read something about a blue cps. Anybody know anything about them. Are the sensors from autozone/oriellys as good as the Ford parts as I will be buying an extra? Thanks in advance for the info.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The Blue CPS units are the current, and cheaper ones. The Blue ones for something like $20.00. I do not know of any recall, sorry.

Dave

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford did have a CPS recall. Had mine done about 1 year ago. They replaced my black one with a grey one. I have not heard of anyone having any problems with the grey one yet. Common practice is to install a blue one from International. Have not hear of any problems with that one either.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I have the letter but have not done anything about it yet. I bought a replacement after mine failed from Ebay and have no receipt. I plan to go by a dealer and ask if they will just give me another as an extra. No idea what they will say but we'll see.

97DISEASEL

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Had mine replaced last week. The new one is grey. From what I was told Ford will not just give you another because the have to send one back for warranty claim. My shop foremans CMP went out on his 99 350 and it wouldnt start. Replaced it w/ the grey and never had another problem.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the blue ones were for the 466 and if used in the psd it advanced the timing

;tu Yer right.

FWIW.. I'v tryed all 3. My 2K runs stronger with the Blue one... so I've had one in for about 70K now.. carry a spare Blue (and a grey) one just for insurance.

There's a Sticky... ALL about the CPS issues.

Joe

ward cleaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine went out last year in Mexico. Luckily I found a replacement in Ensenada.
I still have the old one and got the letter so I'll try to get a spare one from Ford.

ward cleaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my CPS replaced at the dealer yesterday and they took the old bad one and let me keep the mexican one for a spare.
p.s. the one I got in mex was a black (old one), and the truck seems to be running a bit better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58