CRACK, Cruise control stopped working

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
Pretty much sums it up. Turned the wheel, heard a crack/snap noise, and now, the lights on the cruise buttons are out, and the cruise control isn't working.

Any ideas? What broke? How can I fix it?

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I've heard of something called a clock-spring inside the steering column. If it breaks, supposedly one gets all the symptons you're describing. Replacement will involve taking the steering wheel apart.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You get to taking the steering wheel apart and yes it's the clock spring your air bag light may start flashing too. There about $100 bucks+/-.

Note here Undo your battery before you start. You feel foolish sitting there with a air bag going off in your face...:lmao:lmao

Last edited:

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
If I ever have to tackle that job, I'm gonna file off a couple of bumps on that thing that cancels the turn signal.

I get tired of the turn signal shutting of for a 1/8 spin of the steering wheel. Heck if it were any more "sensative", the turn signal would auto cancel during a lane change.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
If I ever have to tackle that job, I'm gonna file off a couple of bumps on that thing that cancels the turn signal.

I get tired of the turn signal shutting of for a 1/8 spin of the steering wheel. Heck if it were any more "sensative", the turn signal would auto cancel during a lane change.

don't
it won't cancel at all then...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14