Cross Drilled Rotors

irish4x4

Mayor of Margaritaville
Reaction score
Anyone using Crossdrilled or Vented rotors? I've used Powerslots on other trucks (in my pre-diesel days) and was very happy with them. Now that I have this 7000 lb. truck up on 37's I'm thinking of going to a set. Just wanted some input.

dboyw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have just done a lot of searching on brakes, several people seem to not like cross drilled.

Several on the board, who I am sure will chime in, have the cryo powerslots and love them. I plan to do them at somepoint with Hawk pads.

Look for BamaSixGun. He has them on his truck and does a lot of towing.

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have power slot rotors and hawk severe duty pads on all 4 corners on my truck. They stop my 38's without a problem and are hardly showing any signs of wear. I donot do alot of towing but I would think stopping a 38" tire all the time is about the equivalent to towing a mid size trailer.

BigDaveZJ

uber noob
Reaction score
I run the Stillen cross drilled on my Jeep, had 'em on for like 6 years now. Been very happy with them there, and have thought about doing a similar upgrade on the truck when the time comes, especially with all of the towing I will be doing in the mountains.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Powerslot Frozen Rotors on mine, luv 'em too, still look like brand new. i have also been thru a set of the severe duty hawk pads when i was towing alot.

my next set of pads will still be hawks, but gonna back down to the LTS pads.

the superduty pads will squeek alot when bobtailing, kinda got on my nerves in town.

but when you towing, them pads work like a charm. they work best when under a heavy load.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Irish these are new from Diesel Performance Parts Inc. They are Power Slot Extreme Duty Rotors. They have regular and Power Slot Cryo Frozen Rotors. A buddy put them on his truck and at 70 mph he put both feet on the brake pedal and pushed it to the floor. Tires never skided, it just stopped. Just a thought. :sweet :sweet

http://www.dieselperformanceparts.com/products.cfm

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The slotted rotors will not warp like the stockers? My buddy has a set of powerslots on his 1500 Chevy and they are warped BAD. Maybe he used the wrong pads? He used ceramic from napa.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14