Help Needed cruise control not working

daytondiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I had a transmission go out so I had mine rebuilt with a Suncoast kit and now the Crusie Control is not working. What could I have forgot or not plugged in all the way to cause this ? yes, it worked on the way to the track the day I broke it.

any ideas whould be great.

Jay

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Have you put a OBD-II code scanner on the truck for any trouble codes to eliminate the expensive parts? Here's what I gathered from the manual as possibles to take a look at.;tu

• Speed control cable not attached to throttle.
  • Central junction box (CJB) fuse(s):
    34 (10A).
    27 (15A).
  • Circuitry.
  • Brake pedal position (BPP) switch.
  • Deactivator switch.
  • Speed control switch.
  • Anti-lock brake control module.
  • Powertrain control module (PCM).
  • Speed control servo.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
does the "cruise" light on the dash illuminate?

does this look infected? :lmao

tell us tell us tell us tell us tell us tell us tell us

Jet Fuel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I thought there was somthing about the third brake light causing the cruise control to quit working.Somthing about the light being used to cancel the cruise when you touch the brakes. Its a long shot but it would be easy enough to check, see if the bulb is bad.

daytondiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks for all who replied with questions and idea's on what to check. After checking everthing that was suggested and cleaning all the light sockets and replacing a bulb it still didn't work. So I started to read threads and post on all the ford forums that I chat on (powerstroke nation, diesel stop, powerstroke org and competition diesel) I found a thread that talked about the switch on the Master Cylinder that I had not checked, so last night went out popped the hood and guess what it was unplugged must have happened when I was doing the ebpv delete and cleaning my intercooler tubes. While my trans was being built I did a few mods. ( ebpv delete, crank case vent tube) and some how I must have broke the snap clip and unplugged it. the thread I found was on the OBS trucks leaking brake fliud on the switch causing it to stop working.

Jay

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg