Cruise Control

forddeerediesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I want to add factory cruise control to a 2000 F 450. What all am I gonna need to do this. I already have a steering wheel with the switches in it, it there anything else I will need? Thanks for any help.

forddeerediesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Got the steering column installed with the cruise control, but it did not work. All the wires are there on the truck, but when the 'new' used column was shipped, the key was in it and was unlocked so the wheel could "free wheel". I looked at the old steering wheel and saw that the rotary switch? has all the pins needed, so I am wondering if the new column was spun and the wires broke inside that unit. I am going to check it or change it in the morning to see if that is the problem, any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Got the steering column installed with the cruise control, but it did not work. All the wires are there on the truck, but when the 'new' used column was shipped, the key was in it and was unlocked so the wheel could "free wheel". I looked at the old steering wheel and saw that the rotary switch? has all the pins needed, so I am wondering if the new column was spun and the wires broke inside that unit. I am going to check it or change it in the morning to see if that is the problem, any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

I'm wondering if the "clock spring" got sprung because the column was allowed to spin? If that is the case, you might have a case for a defective column even though the clock spring is replacable.

forddeerediesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I checked the clock spring this morning, all the pins have continuity trhough them, from the top of the clock spring to the end of the harness on the column. I was checking out the switches for a short, and found continuity between the black and the blue with red tracer. Was wondering if anyone has the schematic for the switches. Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14