cruise control

soldierncowboy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
so i wasnt sure as to where to put this... but... the cruise control on my truck doesnt work... is it a vacuum line that controls it? or is it electrically managed? any help would be great... just wantin to get some ideas before i start tearin stuff apart...

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i wasnt sure as to where to put this... but... the cruise control on my truck doesnt work... is it a vacuum line that controls it? or is it electrically managed? any help would be great... just wantin to get some ideas before i start tearin stuff apart...

It's Electronically controlled by the PCM, through data received.. primarily from the VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) located on the top of the Differential (rear-end).

Check all the fuses ??? But..

The VSS is usually the CC no worky Gremlin. It's magnetic, gets weak & dirty from Time & Miles.

15 minutes to R&R.. and IMO.. the first thing to replace.. as a trouble shoot.

Joe

Last edited:

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's electronic like Joe said, Another quirk to the OBS trucks and their Cruise control is that when the 3rd brake light burns out it is often reported that the cruise is fails.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
check all bulbs and fuses as been said.also unplug the pressure switch on the front of the brake master cylinder and see what happens.could be shorted internally causing the PCM to think youre stepping on the brakes(known problem that burns trucks.go to ford and get the update harness for it!!).

check the horn pad on the steering wheel.if its pushed in like somebody hit it,replace it.

is it an auto or 5 speed?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58