Cryogenic Treatment of Engine and Drivetrain Components

frozenrotors

Frozen Rotors
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My name is John and I represent Diversified Cryogenics, Inc. AKA Frozen Rotors. Some of you may have seen our banner advertisement on this forum for our product Frozen Rotors. I wanted to post a thread today for two reasons.

1. I wanted to introduce myself to everyone and let you know that if you have any questions on Frozen Rotors or the cryogenic process to let me know and I will do my best to help you answer those questions.

2. I wanted to let you all know that, besides brake rotors, we can treat many other things for you guys as well (I'm still waiting on bama's aluminum baseball bat :) ) For over ten years we have treated a large amount of transmission and drive train parts for high horsepower vehicles. So for you guys out there that are running programmers and propane in your diesel trucks and are having trouble with smokin transmissions and snapin drive train components, give me a shout. For years, we have cryo treated drive train components for everyone from drag teams to NASCAR.

I hope this will open up an informative discussion for you guys, and given the opportunity I would love to answer any questions you all may have. Just remember guys, if its metal and you can wear or tear it, cryo can make it last longer! ;tu

John Brick
FrozenRotors.com
Diversified Cryogenics, Inc.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
ok ill start with my question......

if i were to send you a piston/cylinder off of my susuki atv, would the cryo treatment make them wear longer?

i ask this because soon i will be putting a stroker crank in, and it will be putting tremendous side load on the piston, causing the piston and cylinder to wear much quicker, and for an MX machine, its all i can do to keep it running strong for one season as it is.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
2/6/08
Let me start off by saying "what a nice couple of guys!"

stopped by today, got a brief little tour. saw where bama's bat will get the deep freeze....

one word "WOW", i was not aware you could do that to products. (well i knew brakes were being done). in speaking w/ Mark (seems to know his stuff and cares), i found out they do lots of items. they literally can do anything metal and have done things ranging from engines, trannys, gun barrels, razor blades, to bama's bat......hahaha! he said even if you did not buy HIS product and wanted your brakes froze it would be around $50/ item. i found out the process takes around 60-65 hours, they do orders over the weekend and ship out asap.

the wifes van needs stopping power before big red and i asked mark to send me a email w/ a quote, he told me he'd do it before he left tonight. so i was thinking i'd see it around 5 pm. well when i got home and hopped on puter around 3, i had an email by 2:30 already. wow, great service.

i told him we (sdd) would be giving him some business - so come on guys give em a shout, be sure to tell them you are a member. contact mark or john and get your freeze on...

hey z: hope this answers your question.

frozenrotors

Frozen Rotors
Reaction score
ok ill start with my question......

if i were to send you a piston/cylinder off of my susuki atv, would the cryo treatment make them wear longer?

i ask this because soon i will be putting a stroker crank in, and it will be putting tremendous side load on the piston, causing the piston and cylinder to wear much quicker, and for an MX machine, its all i can do to keep it running strong for one season as it is.

Zookie400,

By all means, we have cryo many different types of engines. For example, back in the late 90's Arctic Cat was having trouble with their SnoPro race snowmobiles because the engines kept seizing up... they sent us one to cryo treat (cylinder, heads, pistons, rings, crank... the who shebang) anyway they then dyno tested our engine against a non treated engine. 15 minutes into the test the non treated engine seized. The cryo treated engine went 3 sessions @ 15 minutes a piece and was unable to be seized. They then put the engine in a sled and ran it, in the middle of the summer, on their test track and still couldn't blow her up.

You can read the full story here Diversified Cryogenics - Motorsports Case Study

We have treated engines that range from one cylinder RC Car all the way to 1000hp+ drag engines. Essentially what cryo will do for an engine is three things.

1. By re-aligning the molecular structure the material will more efficiently dissipate heat. It will also run with fewer vibrations (which tend to cause friction leading to decrease in horsepower and premature wear)

2. Heat is the enemy of horsepower, less heat = more horsepower. with an engine like yours you can expect to see about a two to three horsepower gain however we have seen even higher.

3. And yes, like I talked about in the example of the sled engine, a cryo treated engine will last much longer than non cryo treated engine... usually twice as long or more (just like the brake rotors)

Hope this answers your question. If you have anymore please let me know.

Oh and here is a link to pricing Diversified Cryogenics - Motorsports Pricing and Cryogenic Services

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
ok....im sold!

i see you have a price for "complete engines" $125 for a class "a"......are you able to do an assembled engine all at once? or is that a price for all the parts torn down?

frozenrotors

Frozen Rotors
Reaction score
cryo treatment

ok....im sold!

i see you have a price for "complete engines" $125 for a class "a"......are you able to do an assembled engine all at once? or is that a price for all the parts torn down?

We request that you send the engine to us unassembled. The reason for this is because engine components are made up of different types of metals. Those different types of metals expand and contract at different rates when heated up or cooled down. this can cause large amounts of stress on torqued down assembly bolts as well as many other parts of the engine if assembled. Also, some engines have plastic parts in them that will not survive the +300F degree heat cycle that we run after the cryo session. Can't wait to see your toy. :sweet

John
FrozenRotors.com

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
well, this has been very informative, and in about a month or so i will be sending you some parts when we start the winter rebuild before next season!

THANKS!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58