Cup Holder Broke

bad_bad_bubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So one of the retractable arms on my cup holder started flopin around. I thought that I would just take it out and have a look. Not so easy unless I''m just dim. :dunno I took out the two screws and even the worthless bag hook to reach around to the back of it but no luck.

SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE! IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY! :cussing:

Puddle Pirate

Will Pillage For Diesel
Reaction score
bad_bad_bubba said:
So one of the retractable arms on my cup holder started flopin around. I thought that I would just take it out and have a look. Not so easy unless I''m just dim. :dunno I took out the two screws and even the worthless bag hook to reach around to the back of it but no luck.

SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE! IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY! :cussing:

Besides the two horizontal screws that are visible when you pull out the cupholder, get on your back on the passenger side and look up toward the ceiling (with the cupholder pulled out). You will see two more bolt type screws up in two slots. When you take a socket and ratchet to those, it will come out.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bad_bad_bubba said:
Sweet! Thanks. :sweet

I felt around the best I could. I guess I just missed those two. :dunno
And I thought this was going to be the joke about the blonde who was upset that the cupholder on her computer broke. :roflmao

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
02SilverStroke said:
And I thought this was going to be the joke about the blonde who was upset that the cupholder on her computer broke. :roflmao

I thought back to good ol' days at TDS when us members of the '94-'97 forum would always have super duty cup holder jokes of our own. :D

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hheynow said:
I thought back to good ol' days at TDS when us members of the '94-'97 forum would always have super duty cup holder jokes of our own. :D
Did those have any cupholders? I had a 93 F150 Xl Reg Cab, and I don't recall any cupholders on it. My son has a 95 F150 XL Reg Cab, but it's upgraded a bit from my 93 and I think it has a detachable cupholder at the bottom front middle of the seat. My 02 PSD has the same one on the rear seat. Now the new ones (Most all of Ford models) have plenty of cupholders. The 04 Expy we traded had 11, the new 05 Five Hundred has 8.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
02SilverStroke said:
Did those have any cupholders?

Yes and no. The XLTs with 40/20/40 front seats have cup holders on top of the center fold down section, but our jokes were aimed at the 99+ super duty crowd's new cup holder designs. The XLs were cup holderless.

The new cup holder design is what makes a super duty...super duty :D

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl