Curious ditty about cruise control....

s d mills

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never read or heard of this anywhere before. My truck's computer doles out more fuel to cruise control than it does to the accelerator pedal. Next time you're pulling a hill or wanting to blow by someone on the highway, check out the difference.:D

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
maybe the fuel mapping is like the volvo's 425hp 1100tq but only in cruise. rest of teh time its down in high 300's
you know computers know how to run the engine better than you

when we pull the light trailer 7k, i run on cruise and it does seem to take off on mountitans and hills, just watch the egts and if needed click down a few mph to keep her cool

i also burn a ton more fuel to.

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
A mechanic buddy of mine told me that years ago and I thought he was full of it but when I tried cruise it does make a difference.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
One oddity about my cruise control...............if you hit the brakes and the cruise off button at the same time...it does not disengage. I find myself braking against the cruise engaged engine. :eek:

Tbar

jopes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told this a few weeks ago. I was towing my 9k trailer with my truck and every hill I hit it would slow down even with my foot on the floor, yet when I did the same hills with the cruise on it drove right up them with out slowing.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58