Custom truck covers

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well,,, I will be out of commission for about 5 months starting in November, I am having both my hips replaced, and will not be able to work the clutch for awhile, and need to put our truck out of the weather.

So, does anyone have any experience with a custom truck cover? I have measured, and I can take my garage door off, lower the air pressure in the tires to lower the truck 2.5", and then drive it into the garage. Then reinstall the garage door. "tight fit"
If I can not get it into the garage, it will be under the carport but exposed to winds up to 70 mph in the winter. We have rain here, but no snow. Some truck covers could cause paint damage in high winds.

Any ideas?
Thanks

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
MAN, thats a tough one, the dual hip surgery i mean, never heard of replacing both at the same time, i have knees, but not hips. i use to be an occupational therapist, so i have had exp. reabilitating hip replacement patients.

so hang in there and do everything they tell you to. 3 things to keep in mind maxtor.

1. dont bend over past 90 degrees.
2. do not internally rotate your feet inward.
3. do not cross your legs
these will be your primary hip preacautions, so obey them and you will do fine.

as for the truck cover, your right about the high winds possibly doin damage to the paint, it will scuff up your paint bad. we have had people request that we use a cover on their car when we haul them, we tell them that it will damage the paint very badly, i am sure there are some companies that would make you a custom cover for your truck.

hope the surgery goes well and try to check in while your recovering.

good luck.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the kind words and info on covers.
I have the first hip done November 8th, second one on January 10th. They have a new proceedure called (Hip Resurfacing) that was FDA approved last May, so I am having that done. Supposed to last up to 30 years. Less restrictions also. They have been doing the resurfacing in Europe for years, but here in the good ole USA, it has just been approved. At least they don't have to cut my bones in half. Still it is not a fun thing to go through. I have been in pain for the last six years, so looking forward to no pain. If everything goes right, we are going across the USA in April or May 2007 with truck and soon to be purchased 5th wheel or travel trailer. Because of the tall truck, probably will be a travel trailer.

Bye the way, if you know of anyone needing a hip replacement, tell them about the resurfacing... Check it out on the internet..
Thanks again...

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Good advice on the hips Maxtor. Thanks a lot. I know some people who need this!!! I guess this shows my age.

Dave

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
California truck covers...

Thanks for the info.
You would be surprised as to how many "young" 50ish year old people are needing hip and knee replacements. We are lucky that technology is making great strides in Medical treatments.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Maxtor said:
Thanks for the info.
You would be surprised as to how many "young" 50ish year old people are needing hip and knee replacements. We are lucky that technology is making great strides in Medical treatments.

when i was practicing as a therapist, we once had a man in his early 20's that had a complete hip replacement. i think his family had a history of arthritis or somekind of bone dis.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks

I will give Calcarcover a call Monday.

Yes, I have a friend that has Lupus and he had his left hip replaced at 32 years old.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14