Question Damn 4x4 isn't working

WhiteWheelin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I purchased new warn hubs for my truck last year and I had one keep blowing the guts So I put my factory ford hubs back on and they engaged the 4x4 so I got a replacement one for the one that keeps blowing up and now my 4x4 won't engage at all there is some play in the hubs I can pull them out about an 1/8 of an inch and push them back in but they won't lock when there locked. Any ideas? We got 9 inches of snow yesterday and with my 37's inch tires it's like driving on a skating rink. New help!! Thanks Scott

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I am guessing here, you have a 2005 F-250 with SOTF? SOTF is Shift On The Fly. It is very hard to figure out by your signature.

Dave :dunno

dpantazis

Reaction score
No Dave, he has a 7.3. Hence the later 05 styling update and Edge unit.

Did you put Warns on or OEM Ford ones?

If you are trying to get OEM ones working, they are vacuum operated. Make suer that the linesfrom the P/S fender solenoid are intact.

Have you done front bearing service => yellow hub seal?

OEM hubs moving an 1/8- doyou mean the selector or outer hub? Are you snap rings engaged?

Tbone

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
you can test the transfer case by leaving the engine off and key on the solenoid will shift the transfer case, you can here it. if you can not hear it the shift motor is bad on the transfer case. You cannot shift it into low range this way just high range.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58