Help Needed Dash lights and Tail lights gone?!?!

Reichy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Its almost Labor day weekend and I need my truck back on the road!!!

Driving to work today I went over some pretty rouch railroad tracks, and all of a sudden I loose my dash lights. A coworker pulls up next to me and tells me my tail lights turned off?!? I heard something click under the dash when they went off, but I'm at a loss?? I searched several sights, and have a feeling its something simple and dont want to take it to the shop. Thoughts Ideas?? Thanks. 2000 F-250 7.3 auto 4x4 extended cab long bed lariat.

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The dash and tail lights are tied together, so you will know when the tail lights go out. I would start with checking fuses and go from there.

Dave

Reichy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have done that, but its not the first time its done this. It will reset itself when I shut the truck off. Or when I hit another rough spot in the road it will come back on. :dunno

Reichy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok found the problem. The first time I checked fuses I didnt pull them I just ran a test light. This time I pulled them and found that the little strip inside the fuse had not blew, it just broke and was rattling around in there. Weird.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
the click was the relay loosing power..
glad it was simple

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14