dash vents not working

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
ok i have the truck listed below and the other morning i was driving down the road and pretty warm and humid so turn on the air. well it was like 5 a.m so kinda half a** awake drivin to work and thot it was strange that the windshield kept getting condensate like the defrost vents were on but the swithch was on a/c so like i said too early for me to realize what was goin on . today i start headin home from work and turn on the air but after a few min it wasnt cool in the truck thats when i realized the actual a/c vents (dash) were not blowin but the defrost ones were going again...any ideas guys:dunno

CHPMustang

Reaction score
You have a vacuum line leak which defaults all HVAC air to the vents due to the vent blend door is actuated by vacuum.

If you have electronic hubs,they will not engage either when there's a vacuum leak.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
and speaking of the vacuum leak, start with the lines running to the hubs... they're the rottin' -ist things I ever did see

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Yup, you'll probably find that your 4x4 wont work along with the dash vent issue. Bad hose under there somewhere.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Mike does the 6.0 have a similar electronic vacuum pump as the 7.3 and would it be located on the same fender?

I know in 99 F550 I had a passenger kick off the vacuum line under the dash by the footwell,wish I had a photo of that particular line for it's come off on many 7.3's.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Mike does the 6.0 have a similar electronic vacuum pump as the 7.3 and would it be located on the same fender?

I know in 99 F550 I had a passenger kick off the vacuum line under the dash by the footwell,wish I had a photo of that particular line for it's come off on many 7.3's.
well, obviously I'm not Mike..
but yes, it does and yes, it is.

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
so know that we"ve got the problem diagnosed can yall give me any info on how to find where its leakin or what not and how i can fix it i dont know much about this area of the truck and just about everyhting else i know came from this sight anyways so...would love to be able to fix it myself and not spend much cuz this whole movin into my first house is gettin expensive didnt realize how much stuff i was going to need for an actual house that you dont need workin on the road or at college haha

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
i am pretty sure that is the same thing i replaced this past winter...

on passenger fender..2 bolts and 2 hoses running into it. fixed my problem up right quick. round $30-40 for part iirc. my 4x was not working properly but vents seemed fine

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
The hose on the right is the vacuum hose. It is common for them to dry rot here. The hose clamp shown is not oem.

on edit...........i see yours is a 2005. the above may not apply.

Tbar

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14