Daughters

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys know what I went thru with 1 of my daughters. Now I ask the other one to do me ONE little favor. Mail a damm box. Is that so hard? I mean really, she has nothing else to do during the day and I ask for ONE favor. I can't leave work during the day so I ask her to do it. "Sure Dad, no problem". Well apparently it is.

I will have to do it in the AM now. But they all know how I do my best to fulfill promises and now I look like a liar.

They do so well and them BAMM.

Anyone else have these problems or is it just me?

atk

Reaction score
no, its not just you....have had a few issues with my oldest daughter(19 now, living on her own and doing good)....to make a long story short, no matter what she has done in the past(to tick me off), that i didn`t approve of, she is still daddies little girl(have three now) and always will be. just hope that what you have taught them about life, will sink in(eventually)....gotta love them....:D

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I never had a problem, sorry to hear that you are. Oh and by the way I don't have any kids, old or young. LOL
Doug

Fine69

Reaction score
My Daughter is 6 months old, so I'm not looking forward to anything I'm reading right now!:lmao

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If thats all she ever failed, or fails to do ? Go get a Lotto ticket.

Believe me.. It's not just you. Anyone who has raised kids.. has a story or two about things that happened, that didn't live up to our expectations..

It's all part of Grow'n up.. and being a Parent.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score

Believe me.. It's not just you. Anyone who has raised kids.. has a story or two about things that happened, that didn't live up to our expectations..

well said

let her know you care and love her....
then in a calm voice tell her again

they grow up way to fast

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score

well said

let her know you care and love her....
then in a calm voice tell her again

they grow up way to fast

x2...I'll be a parent in a week or two, baby boy. I'm actually looking forward to it...even his screw ups. My dad always told me the more I do..the more I will mess up so he expected me too and was always there to steer me right again. My granny was always mad at my dad because she said he never paid for his raising:D

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the person I'm dealing with is understanding. Just gripes me when I'm trying to deliver on a promise and it gets muddled up.

I turned it around on her and asked what if it was one of your friends you did this too? She said " I would just die Dad!"

I said see? Guess she thought or it's just one of his truck buddies, they will understand. I said yea they would, But trying to teach her it's not just the specifics of the transaction but the principle of the whole thing. Guess I'm trying to teach her that "DO THE RIGHT THING NO MATTER WHAT" rule to live by. But she's young I still have time.

And you guys were right, if this is the worst she has done ( and it is) I'm still blessed with a good child.

Thanks fellas.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;tu Maybe next time, she'll try a little harder to follow through. If the subject comes up again (?)... a little "Squeeze" from Dad.. can & will.. "Seal the Deal"

Joe

(Funny how those "Squeezes" work)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58