Newbie david

dbelote

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hey from austin! have a '09 f250 4dr 4x4 lariat. love the truck....... except for the mileage. but its better than myold '00 (same) with the v-10. 50% better exactly. new gets 15 max and the 10 got 10. any tips on upping the mpg? also does anyone know anything about adjusting the turbo/wastegate link on the top of the motor. my dealer says its fixed at the factory, but it is clearly an adjustable heim-joint connection.(we had lots of them on my old top fuel dragboat, so i know how to adjust but not which direction and how much.) i would like more turbo at lower rpm's. thx,david

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
:SDD2 David. Keep your foot outa it for better mileage. Diesels get better with age. You will need more miles in the truck, like 15 - 20,000 miles, before you notice any better mileage. Can't help with the wastegate, but it is the variable pitch blades and you don't want to adjust it. You will cause yourself more grief if you do.

Dave :)

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with Dave. Keep the foot out of the accelerator. With the 02 7.3 that I had, I tried to keep the RPM's below 2000, even on takeoffs. That made a big difference in the mileage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim