Day 7

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here we are in Santa Rosa New Mexico. The winds have been fierce. We think we will weather out the winds by staying here a couple of days. It looks like we can be in Memphis Texas by Friday night. Then in Weatherford by saturday night. Someone, I don't remember who, suggested we stay in Weatherford so as not to be in the heavy traffic of Dallas, Arlingtion area. How many of you Texans can meet us in weatherford, Saturday night?
I hope to see you all there. After weatherford, we will be heading up to Oklahoma, to see relatives.
The WiFi here is slower than a one legged dog. I can not upload pictures. Maybe tomorrow.
Another great day, seeing our great country. This part of the country makes us glad that we live where there is green grass and tall trees, and water. :D
It is different, so that makes it good to see. We would not want to live here, but it has it's own beauty.

Last edited:

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
I would be happy to come out and meet ya'll on Saturday Evening. I don't know much about it but there is a little RV park on the south side of I-20 about 4 miles east of Weatherford, just exit Ranch House road (exit 416 ???), and follow the frontage road a little ways, it will be on the right hand side (south) of the freeway/frontage road.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
Oh yeah, while you're in Weatherford, if you want a GOOD home style hamburger, you have to try Skinny's, it's my favorite. If you're interested let me know and I'll get you some directions.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
The RV park I was reffering to is on the East side of Weatherford, that ones far West. Here's the info

Cowtown RV Park
7000 Interstate 20 W
Aledo TX 76008, 817-441-7878

It's right along the Freeway, so if that bothers you, the West End RV Park is nowhere near the freeway (I-20)

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Weatherford is one and a half to 2 hours driving time from us but depending on the route you're planning on taking up to OK,perhaps a quick meet and greet along the way if timing works out. ;tu

Weatherford is #A and were farther east at #B right off 75 northbound to OK.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weatherford is one and a half to 2 hours driving time from us but depending on the route you're planning on taking up to OK,perhaps a quick meet and greet along the way if timing works out. ;tu

Weatherford is #A and were farther east at #B right off 75 northbound to OK.

Our route out of Weatherford would be hwy 20 to 820 then 35W up to Oklahoma. If there is somewhere on that route we could meet, for coffe, lunch etc, that would be great. I need a large area to park and maneuver the truck and 5th wheel. Some restaurants do not have that type of parking, but you probably know of a good place with plenty of room, with easy access.

Thanks,
Lloyd

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg