Day 8

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another windy day... gusts to 53mph per the news broadcast. We are now in Amarillo, and think we will stay here another day. We will be leaving here Saturday morning and hope to make it to Weatherford by Saturday night.
Not much to film. Sand and dust blowing everywhere. We had dinner at the Big Texan Steak Ranch where they have the 72 oz steak. Hmmm decided that I would not have a chance to down it, so settled on a standard prime rib dinner. It was delicious. The wife had salmon. Luke had hamburger.
We are settled in now and keeping out of the wind. I asked our waiter how often does the wind blow here, and he said well, it has been blowing every day since last November...:eek: Makes one appreciate home.
Well, until tomorrow.

Maxtor

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been (real) windy here too Max, slacked off today though. Hope it slacks off for you too. Keep'r 'tween the lines. Are you headed south on I-27 ? or down 287 ? (might be less cross wind on 287 :dunno) When I was OTR, took 287 onacount of winds at times.

Maybe some of the TX'ns ul chime in ?

Sounds like yer have'n a good time though.. Keep on Truck'n

Joe

CHPMustang

Reaction score
All this weeks winds is supposed to taper off this evening and settle down on Friday :clap:

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
You need to send roosterdiesel a PM, he lives in Amarillo.

Sounds like ya'll are having a real good time. Be safe my friend.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to send roosterdiesel a PM, he lives in Amarillo.

Sounds like ya'll are having a real good time. Be safe my friend.

Ok, I will give him a pm. We will be here tomorrow also. Our friends in Arlington have had an emergency, and they might not be able to see us in Weatherford. If not, we might just head east to Oklahoma city. We will know tomorrow, that is why we are staying here an extra day.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
53 mph? Just a slight breeze in Wyoming. :D

Sounds like you guys are having a successful trip so far Max, travel safely my man.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Thanks for the call last night max,if you do come down to Arlington lemme know as I could swing by for a few since Arlington is alot more local to us,if not please continue to have a safe trip buddy.:sweet

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are staying here in Amarillo, for the day to hear from our friends in Arlington. If they can not see us, we will go straight for Oklahoma City. They should get back to us this afternoon. I gave roosterdiesel a pm yesterday, but have not heard from him. I have some books for Knick that I could leave with rooster to send to knick if we do not get down that way. They are networking books for those of us who run networks. Since i am retired i do not need them anymore.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you guys make it tok OKC tomorrow - they are havnig a meet/dyno day down there :)

Looks like we will be in Oklahoma City or at least around it. I have to look at the rv sites there. Our friends in Arlington have some major family problems, so we will not be going there. If anyone can get in contact with roosterdiesel who lives in Amarillo, Tx. I would like him to pick up some books at this rv park and send them or give them to Knick, in Dallas/Fort Worth area. We will be here until tomorrow morning then head out.
We fueled up today, and we got 15.3 mpg pulling the 5th wheel. Best mpg so far pulling the 5er. Santa Rosa to here is mostly down hill. It would have been interesting to see what we would have done if we did not have the cross wind.

Where is the meet being held?

Maxtor

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg