dead on the side of 75

trouble

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well, it happened. My truck left me on the side of I75 yesterday. It started cutting out, like someone turned the key off and on and worsened as I went along. Check engine light came on. Finally, that was it, and I pulled off to the side of the road. Checked to see if I was getting fuel to the bowl and I was. Had my boy run me up the road to get a cps, threw it in and id didn't fire right up. I cranked some more and it sounded like it wanted to start. Finally, it did start and I jumped back on the road. It again started cutting out and about two miles down the road, I once again came to a stop on the side of the road. What do you guys think? IDM? HPOP?:dunno

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year/engine truck ????

Give yer battery cable clamps a Twist.. and/or scrape the insides of the clamps.. tighten and see if that gets ya going..

joe

trouble

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It's an early 99 f250. Cranks strong, I don't think it's the battery cables. Wish it was though.

Last edited:

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you check the injector harness? Water in the IDM?

Try to get those codes pulled and that will put you in a better direction than our guesses.

Good Luck

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's an early 99 f250. Cranks strong, I don't think it's the battery cables. Wish it was though.

It may crank strong.. but with all the Whizo electronics on these things. CLEAN CABLE CONNECTIONS, AND BATTERY POSTS.. on Two Good, equally strong batteries are Omni important... as many of the SDD members have attested to.. for years here. The PCM wants, needs and must have.. Clean, Strong 12v, and Amperage

Not saying it Is your problem, but it's a Very good, Important first step, when trouble=shooting Gremlins like you are experiencing.

Yer call though :dunno

trouble

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'll clean the battery connections first and go from there. I'll let you know if I find anything else. Thanks again.

jimcar827

Jim
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me in DesMoines 2 weeks ago: Number 6 injector and the CPS were the culprit, to the tune of $1500.00.

trouble

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, got the problem solved. It ended up being the ipr. Replaced it and all is well. Thanks for your help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg