Dealer said time for brakes.....

trisha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I don't do my own repairs and have had the dealer do all oil changes, etc. they told me at 84,000 I need new brakes. These are the originals. Do I let the dealer do it? what will it cost. will I get original equipment brakes,? same kind? will they last as long? what can I expect to pay? should I go somewhere else and what should I ask for to be inspected, corrected or changed out? Regards in advance, Trisha Oh: 02'7.3L superduty lariet .

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You will get just what your truck came with stock. I can't even guess what you will pay, but it will be higher than an independent shop. Shop around at different shops.

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With my company discount, I pay about $73.00 for front "super duty" motorcraft brake pads, and about the the same for the rears. It is not much cheaper using premium Napa pads.....Get a price from your dealer, then get a price on the pads, and see what an independent shop will install them for you.

dpantazis

Reaction score
trisha-

does your high school or vocational school offer auto shop? you might try them too. my high school would let us bring in family & neighbor's cars to get worked on. the good thing was we would learn with the instructor looking over our shoulder and the work was supervised.

dp

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58