rant Dealer Wants $98!

BIG DUTY

F-250 Care Taker
Reaction score
I called the local dealer to check cost to recalibrate my speedometer for 35" tire and they want $98. Is it just me or is this too high. I told the service manager that I could almost buy a programmer to do it my self for that cost. Anyone else have their trucks programmed for tire size? If so how much did it cost.

Last edited:

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do they charge an hour for labor? I would think you could find one cheaper than that. If it's just hooking up a scan tool it shouldn't take them but 10 mins.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what they charged me. They do some other things to, not only do they changed the speedo they change your shift points so you dont burn up the trans. and there's one other thing, but I cant think of it.. I looked at it this way, 98 bucks or 3k+/- for a new trans.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
I would just go to the online calculator thingy.. plug in your tires and it'll tell you what you would actually be driving and what the speedo will say.. then you can just know that instead of going 70 according to the speedo you're going 67.. imo... or spend another 400 for a good programmer (SCT) and do it that way...

BIG DUTY

F-250 Care Taker
Reaction score
Ok well I guess its the same thing at other dealers as well. It just seemed crazy since it takes less than an hour. I will wait and buy a new programmer when the budget allows.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14