Decal application advice

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody got advices on applying a decal to glass? My uncle said I could put liquid soap on the glass so that I could get it center and when I got it to where I want it, squeeze the soap out from under the decal.

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
A few drops of dish soap with water in a small hand sprayer when putting on window tint but not shure it will work on a decal.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Is it the type of decal that requires moisture to stick? Kinda like the decals on a model car?

If it is just an adhesive backed sticker, just clean the glass real good and stick away.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
or if your really good just slap er on there!

Thats the problem....my eyes are crooked. Either that or when I'm biting my tounge with one eye shut trying to put it on, a good gust of wind comes and slaps it on for me and screws it all up. I want to be able to lay it on the and slide it a little bit till I get it to where I want it

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
Decals on glass or the type like flames or what have you on the doors, fenders etc. are put on just like has been said, water and a couple of drops of water.
I watched a guy put their company sign on a van truck and he was able to move it just where he wanted it then squeegee the water out from it. I was surprised to see them use water but it worked.
Jim

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14