Definiton of acceleration!

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
John Force Racing and Ford developed the Boss 500 so they could be all Ford back in 07, but it took awhile to work all the bugs out.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
John Force Racing and Ford developed the Boss 500 so they could be all Ford back in 07, but it took awhile to work all the bugs out.

Yea I read up on an article about that 500 and awesome they are gettin back into it like they were in the 60's and 70's. Good Ole days of racing!

lone_star_dsl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also found a video on the amount of fuel one cylinder gets at idle then when its runnin down the truck. They had a cylinder cut out hooked up to one of the dragsters fuel pumps and omg! Cant believe how much fuel is dumped into those cylinders!:eek: Amazing. Fastest motors on the planet baby! Now thats AMERICA!:sweet

Here is the video:

YouTube - Top Fuel Dragster Fuel Pump Demo single cylinder

I already have my tickets for the Mile High Nationals. I took my wife a few years ago and the first run by a fuel car almost made her crap her pants. I guess I forgot to warn her. :innocent

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Here is the video:

YouTube - Top Fuel Dragster Fuel Pump Demo single cylinder

I already have my tickets for the Mile High Nationals. I took my wife a few years ago and the first run by a fuel car almost made her crap her pants. I guess I forgot to warn her. :innocent

Glad you found the vid. People will be shocked over it. Im still shocked. :eek:. I went to heartland park topeka long time ago. Too young to really remember or care. I'd like to go back sometime. I've never seen the big boys run like Force or others.

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
I took 9500 rpm as the engine speed over the run. (9500rpm/60seconds) X 4.45seconds = 704 revolutions.

Dave

With clutch slippage figured in I would think it would be different. The 3rd stage of the clutch is in at 1.5 secs and isn't locked in the 5th stage till the 2nd sec of the run. Then engine will bog down to under 7000 then for a split second. Makes it a little more entertaining to figure out now.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
There are all sorts of factors in all of this, like you pointed out. I just took the easy route. I am not saying that my figure is accurate, just sorta close.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58